Understanding how to value companies.
This one-day seminar explains the concepts and processes involved in valuation of companies. It provides an overview of the valuation models and how to link company value to key value drivers.
You will work through valuation of a real company throughout the seminar and use spreadsheets to analyze companies. This seminar will be useful to those in financial planning, business development, and corporate acquisitions department who need to understand how investors value their companies or to value potential acquisition targets. We strongly recommend that you attend the two-day seminar on Modeling and Projecting Financial Statements that precedes this seminar. Please note that this seminar is about valuation of companies, not valuation of intangibles needed for implementing ASC 805.
- Solid accounting knowledge is essential for this program
- Participants are required to bring a laptop with Microsoft Excel 2010 or above
5/25/2017 Las Vegas
Venue and Hotel Details
- Intrinsic valuation using discounted cash flows model versus relative valuation using multiples
- A high level discounted cash flows valuation Model with key value drivers
- Levered versus unlevered Analysis
- Deeper dive into size, growth, margins
- Deeper dive into asset intensity, business risk, and financial risk
- Valuation multiples and levered versus unlevered
- Acquisition Multiples
A good understanding of U.S. GAAP Accounting
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Dan Gode, Co-founder, Almaris E-Learning Systems.
“Dan Gode is an excellent instructor and I will definitely attend his courses again.” - Director Finance, Public Logistics and Transportation Services Provider
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.
CFA Institute CE Qualified Activity
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Program, KPMG Learning has determined that this program qualifies for 6.5 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.