With the revenue recognition effective date fast approaching (January 1, 2018 for most companies), KPMG Executive Education offers this seminar to explore the fundamentals of the new FASB/IASB revenue recognition standard as well as potential implementation issues. Participants will explore some of the accounting issues and interpretations that are the most impactful or misunderstood as they adopt the new revenue standard. Some industry-specific considerations will also be discussed.
In conjunction with your registration, we highly recommend you take advantage of the 6 FREE HOURS
self-study content on Revenue Recognition that are made available to you as a bonus (valued at $660) to your course registration. The completion of
the 5 self-studies will allow for all participants to attend the course with equivalent advance knowledge. Instructions for redeeming this
premium offer will be provided in the Registration Confirmation email that you will receive upon registering for the course.
5/24/2017 New York
6/28/2017 San Diego
Venue and Hotel Details
- Scope - What's in the Model
- Five-step Revenue Recognition Model including How it Applies to:
- Multiple-Element arrangements
- Software Arrangements
- Long-Term Construction-Type and Production-Type Contracts
- Real Estate Sales
- Customer Payments and Incentives
- Variable Consideration
- Time Value of Money
Specific Application Issues Including:
- Principal Agent Considerations
- Cost Capitalization and Amortization Requirements
- Impact on Disclosures
- Allowable Transition Methods
- When the Standard is Effective
- Implementation and Business Considerations
Knowledge of Basic Accounting
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Partners and Senior Managers from KPMG's Department of Professional Practice
“This course covered not only the basics, but also delved deeply into specific transactions and guidance that were relevant to participants. We were able to ask specific questions on how to apply guidance to our company, which I appreciated. This was the best revenue training I have taken to date. Thanks!” - Senior VP & CFO, Global Agribusiness Company
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.