This two-day seminar will help you understand and apply the new US GAAP lease accounting standard. The seminar will explain the new standard, its logic,
its implications, and the problem areas that concern the constituents. The existing standard will not be covered in detail but we will discuss the major areas of change.
In conjunction with your registration, we highly recommend you take advantage of the 6 FREE HOURS
of CPE-eligible self-study
content on Lease Accounting that are made available to you as a bonus (valued at $320) to your course registration. The completion of the 5
self-studies will allow for all participants to attend the course with equivalent advance knowledge. Instructions for redeeming this premium
offer will be provided in the Registration Confirmation email that you will receive upon registering for the course.
5/11-5/12/2017 New York
6/12-6/13/2017 Las Vegas
Venue and Hotel Details
Four types of accounting for contractual commitments for property, plant, and equipment
- Commitments that stay off the balance sheet
- Contracts that are not leases
- Short-term contracts
- Commitments that are on balance sheet
- Operating leases
- Finance leases
- Lessor accounting
- Interaction with revenue recognition rules
- Elimination of the distinction between real estate leases and other leases
- Elimination of leveraged leases
- Detailed topics
- Allocating consideration to lease and non-lease components
- Lease payments
- Discount rate
- Lease term
- Impairments of right of use asset
- Sale-leaseback accounting
- Build-to-suit leases
- Real estate leases
- Policy elections
- Effective date and transition approach
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Dan Gode, Co-founder, Almaris E-Learning Systems.
"Dan did a wonderful job explaining the various areas of accounting in great detail and answering questions. He effectively conveyed his passion and broad knowledge in this area. Overall, this seminar was very informative and value adding." - External Reporting & Research Manager, Public Electricity Transmission Company
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.