This two day seminar is designed to help participants apply ASC 740 (FAS 109, FIN 48 and associated pronouncements).
The first day provides the conceptual foundation of accounting for income taxes. It explains how to reconcile differences between four sets of flows: cash flows, GAAP income, taxable income, and more likely than not taxable income.
The second day covers concepts that are intermediate level of difficulty such as valuation allowances, accounting for tax contingencies and interim tax allocations. It also covers specific topics such as business combinations, foreign operations, and compensation.
This seminar uses a combination of lecture, discussion, and examples to clarify the concepts and procedures.
Based on popular demand, we now offer two seminars: Accounting for Income Taxes (this two-day seminar) and Advanced Accounting for Income Taxes. Please make sure that you read the course descriptions for both seminars to decide which one (or both) is best suited to your needs. The Advanced Seminar assumes that are you have mastered topics in this seminar.
5/16-5/17/2017 New York
6/20-6/21/2017 Las Vegas
8/22-8/23/2017 New York
Venue and Hotel Details
- Permanent vs. taxable and deductible temporary differences and how they affect the effective tax rate
- Difference between taxes payable (refundable), tax contingencies, and deferred tax liabilities (assets), tax disclosures
- Taxes and other comprehensive income
- Tax credit carryforwards and tax loss carry forwards
- Common sources of permanent and temporary differences
- Valuation allowance for deferred taxes
- An introduction to tax contingencies
- Interim period taxes for quarterly reporting
- Deferred taxes and business combinations, share-based compensation, and foreign operations
Knowledge of Basic
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Dan Gode, Co-founder, Almaris E-Learning Systems.
“This was the best KPMG program I have attended. The instructor clearly cared that the student learned and understood the material.” - VP Finance, Large Insurance Provider
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.