This seminar is designed to help participants from multinational companies face the challenging task of consolidating and
reporting foreign operations. Accounting for Foreign Operations
requires a baseline knowledge of the
accounting standards, as well as the issues that arise in their practical
This seminar will focus on both the accounting for foreign
operations and the key issues that need to be addressed in implementing
Note: Accounting for foreign currency derivatives is
covered in the Accounting for Derivative Contracts seminar.
- A laptop with Excel 2007 or above is required to build models.
- A working knowledge of Excel is required (advanced knowledge of Excel, such as macros, is not needed).
5/22/2017 Las Vegas
Venue and Hotel Details
- Foreign Currency Transactions
- Determining the Functional Currency
- Translations under the Current Rate Method
- Remeasurements under the Temporal Method
- Inter-company Transactions and Consolidations
- Statement of Cash Flows and Foreign Operations
- Accounting for Foreign Taxes using ASC 740-30
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Dan Gode, Co-founder, Almaris E-Learning Systems.
“Dan Gode was phenomenal. He was very engaging and provided real-life examples to further illustrate the topics, which added value. I will try to attend other classes he teaches in the future and will recommend his classes to others.” - CFO, Leading Logistics Provider
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.